Did you know?
- The skin is the largest and most visible organ in the body, comprising of 15% of total body weight.
- The total skin surface of an adult ranges from 12-20 square feet.
- Skin is made up of about 70% water, 28% protein and 2% lipids.
- The primary function of the skin is to act as a barrier between the internal workings of the human body and the external environment.
- For the skin to perform its functions of protection and regulation effectively, it must be healthy.
- How the skin feels can affect and impact your psychological wellbeing and body confidence.
- Reversely psychological factors such as stress and depression can be seen to affect skin’s condition.